Crowns & Bridges
A beautiful momma came in with broken teeth.
3 weeks later with the construction of a permanent
bridge, she was back to her gorgeous self. She
left my office extremely happy.
This gentleman came in with teeth that he hated. It was a major embarrassment to smile.
I did two fixed bridges for him. One for the upper front teeth and one for the lower front teeth. Now he can’t stop smiling with confidence.
Crowns & Bridges
Dr. Howard Lim – your Toronto Dentist – offers crowns and bridges to improve the appearance of damaged or missing teeth
What is a dental crown?
Dental crowns are porcelain coverings or caps that are permanently placed over existing teeth. When a tooth is weakened due to trauma, large fillings, root canal treatment or decay, a crown is used to restore it to its optimal health, shape and function.
Some indications for a tooth in need of a crown restoration are:
- Loss of large amount of tooth structure due to cavities
- Severe wear of teeth due to grinding or clinching habits
- Root canal treatment of teeth
- Restoring the good looks and chewing ability of your natural teeth
- Closing gaps between teeth
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge consists of a false tooth that is fused in between two crowns and is used to replace missing teeth. The adjacent teeth of the gap are prepared and shaped to accommodate the dental crowns on both ends of the bridge and serve as anchors that provide strength and stability.
A permanent dental bridge serves to:
- Restore your ability to eat, speak and smile with confidence
- Keep teeth from drifting into the space created from a missing tooth
- Help preserve normal function and normal bite for the jaw joint
Call your Toronto dentist, Dr. Howard Lim at (416) 603-5677 or fill out the form below to book your dental consultation.