Dr. Howard Lim – your Toronto Dentist – offers dental implants to restore missing teeth caused mainly by gum disease and tooth decay
Why replace missing teeth?
Self-confidence shouldn’t be your only concern when it comes to missing teeth. Missing teeth can seriously impair your ability to bite or chew and cause additional strain to surrounding teeth. As your local cosmetic & restorative dentist in Toronto, Dr. Howard Lim has a list of reasons why you should replace your missing teeth:
- Shifting of remaining teeth – Your teeth might shift and weaken to make up for the extra work they’re having to do. Over time, not only will your smile change, but there could be other serious impacts to your dental and facial structure.
- Tooth loss – Missing teeth can eventually lead to further loss of other perfectly health teeth.
- Gum disease and tooth decay – Studies show that missing teeth often lead to an increased risk of gum disease and tooth decay. This is caused by collecting and trapping of bacteria in hard to clean areas of shifted and tipped teeth. This is harmful because bacteria is a leading contributor to most dental problems.
- Heightened tooth sensitivity – With the exposure to more bacteria and plaque, your remaining teeth will become more sensitive. This means more frequent pain and discomfort.
- Bone loss and facial sagging – Teeth naturally add shape to our faces. They also maintain your bone structure. Missing teeth can result in areas of facial sagging from teeth and bone loss.
The gold standard to replace your missing teeth are dental implants. You can rely on Dr. Howard Lim’s vast clinical experience, implant dentistry since 1986, for your entire dental implant treatment within a convenient and comfortable dental atmosphere.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are widely considered one of dentistry’s greatest modern advances in replacing missing teeth.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium metal that is placed into your jawbone. Once in place, an artificial tooth is attached to the implant and looks and works just like your natural teeth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are very popular because of their exact likeness to good looking natural teeth. The benefits keep on growing and include:
- Predictable long-term results (>95% success)
- Looks great and works like real teeth
- Can replace single or multiple missing teeth
- Restorations can be fixed or removable
- Dental implants prevent further bone loss unlike other restorative options
- Adjacent teeth remain intact; they are not damaged
- Titanium does not decay and is therefore a permanent solution
- Improved quality of life
- Improved oral health, ability to eat, appearance and self-esteem
Call your Toronto dentist, Dr. Howard Lim at (416) 603-5677 or fill out the form below to book your dental implant consultation.